Lesson 16 - Sensual, Helpful, and Rude - Exercise 15
Watch the video, then answer the question.
Alison says the French are sensual. This adjective is similar to:
Watch the video again. Watch carefully. What is his reaction to her opinion of the French?
- He laughs a little bit. He is amused.
- He agrees with her.
- He is very disturbed by her opinion.
Has Travis been to France?
- Yes he has, and he met a few French people.
- No, he hasn't, but he met a few French people.
- Yes he has, but he did not meet any French people.
Which picture best defines "helpful"?
Travis says: They (the French) were rather rude to me, actually.
There is another way to say the same thing. Choose the best sentence:
- They were a bit impolite to me, in fact.
- They were extremely impolite to me, in fact.
- They are a bit rude to me now.
Some of the people Travis met were immensely helpful.
- were extremely cooperative.
- were slightly accommodating.
- offered no assistance.
3 Adjectives: Sensual
, and rude
: physical or sexual, not spiritual or intellectual.
: accommodating, cooperative.
: discourteous, impolite.