Lesson 24b - Josh-& Richard - Exercise 8
Important: Watch the first video, and try to answer the questions.
Watch the video with subtitles after you answer the questions:
We are in Miami Beach, Florida.
The interviewer asks Josh "What do you do down here?" Josh just moved from New York to to Miami Beach. New York is "up there". Miami Beach is "down here".
- "Down" in this case represents someplace to the south.
- "Down" in this case represents someplace to the north.
What does Josh do for a living?
- He sells refurbished airplane parts.
- He repairs airplane parts.
- He sells airplanes.
Josh's dream job is to
- own and run a bar and a restaurant.
- own a really cheap restaurant, such as a hamburger joint.
- drink "for free" in his dream bar.
Richard works in a chemical company but he would like
- to own a hamburger joint.
- to own the chemical company.
- to own a bar and a restaurant, like Josh.
Richard's dream job is to own a hamburger "joint". Joint has many meanings. In this case, a "joint" is
- a cheap place where hamburgers are sold.
- a place where two things or parts are joined.
- a point of articulation between two or more bones.
© The Marzio School and Real English L.L.C.
Real English® is a Registered Trademark of The Marzio School. All rights Reserved.