Lesson 24b - Ryan and Najla - Exercise 9
Important: Watch the first video, and try to answer the questions.
Watch the video with subtitles after you answer the questions:
It is probable that
- Ryan has found his dream job.
- Ryan is unemployed. He is looking for a job.
- Ryan has a job but he doesn't like it.
Choose the best answer. Ryan implies that he is very lucky because
- he has a job in the first place, and also because it's his dream job.
- he has a job!
- he really loves what he does.
Najla says that her job as veterinarian is sometimes "heart-wrenching" (also spelled "heartwrenching").
What does "heartwrenching" mean?
- Causing great sadness, heartbreaking
- Causing great joy, joyful or happy.
- Heart-wrenching is a medical term for twisting the heart while keeping it alive.
Najla says that her job as veterinarian is almost her dream job. She says "it's close". What would she prefer?
- She would prefer to be a volunteer, working with wildlife.
- She would prefer to work with Ryan as a park ranger.
- She would prefer to work as a park ranger on her own.
© The Marzio School and Real English L.L.C.
Real English® is a Registered Trademark of The Marzio School. All rights Reserved.